Blind Bim's Emporium

In the Old Way- ask the old folks

Monday, June 18, 2007

No more sticker envy

It's about that time.

I've not been one to mark up my skin for eternity with tatoos or settle on a certain attitude, style of dress, or brand of car, shoes, sports team, etc. to uniquely and permanently identify myself.

Bumper stickers are like that for me. It's a commitment thing. The last time I had a sticker that I wanted to tag my car with, it said "Earth girls are easy" and it was circa 1990. But I didn't have a car that I thought would outlast the life of the sticker, so I didn't do it.

Last summer a "Rhodes for Sheriff" sticker decorated my bumper. But that was a joke and the car mostly sat idle in a Maryland townhouse complex parking lot until I yanked it off. (Ya see, Mr. Rhodes was a friend and I wanted to help out an Ole Blue Dog. But he lost.)

But, as I was saying, I do think it's time for a sticker. I bought it on the Mall in DC awhile back and thought I would give it to my father who attended the '72 Inaugral and who may or may not have misgivings about the existing President:

"I never thought I would miss Nixon."

That about says it all about the state of our current Administration.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home