Blind Bim's Emporium

In the Old Way- ask the old folks

Friday, August 03, 2007

Words that go bump in the night

Sometimes I awake before sunrise, and is often the case, a phrase lodges itself in my head and I mull it over endlessly and tediously. The phrase the other morning was "Mayberry Machiavellians."

I had read a quote with that phrase in a blog and it dovetails neatly into Carl Rove's arrogance the week preceding the November 2006 elections. In unrelated web probing, a recent link sent me to Rove's wikipedia entry where it reports that after several stints at colleges over the years (some enrollment appeared to be simply an attempt to reduce his chances of being drafted to serve in Vietnam) Rove never collected enough credits to graduate.



His explanation for why he didn't graduate? He was short the foreign language requirement and a math class.



Come to think of it, I don't think Otis graduated from college either.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home