Blind Bim's Emporium

In the Old Way- ask the old folks

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Selling postcards of the hanging

We went to see the destroyed bridge yesterday. Dylan's "Desolation Row" resounded through my head.

Meanwhile, we ran into J( *} high above the river on the bridge adjacent to the wreckage. I hadn't seen him in about five years. He lives at the other end of the Mississippi in another city famous for its failed infrastructure. Then the fam and I continued across to a brewhouse where I drank cask IPA and L fancy-danced with salt and pepper shakers.

(The encounter with J( *} was highly coincidental because I had the thought last week that I'm a New Orleans boy on the wrong end of the river. That's what living down there will do for ya- it'll brand you for life.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home